Extreme Sweden. Makeover Edition.
The return of Fern.
I was called Fern in college for many reasons thanks to my sistah Nanster who coined the nickname and my roomie Sarah who have made the name stick for all eternity I think.
- Fern Mayo in the movie Jawbreaker. Saw the movie. Mimicked her too well perhaps, and it stuck.
- My mom actually bought me some actual ferns to furnish my room with and hang on the balcony.
- Every creepy weird character in shows seemed to be named Fern.
- Last and not least… my hair resembled a small sprout of a fern if you will, its small happy appearance popping out of my head in a nub of a ponytail.
- Fern Gully, a favorite of mine and a classic movie The fairy’s name is Krista, like Crystal, trying to save the rainforest and if you know me I do love to recycle and do my part.
Enough about Fern, let me tell you a little about Joy and the Joy of hair. I don’t just mean happy happy joy joy kind of Joy… Joy is from Thailand and is in Swedish class like I am. The difference is Joy speaks Swedish really well and has been in Sweden awhile longer than I have. So I hope I have made a friend I can only talk Swedish to! Bara Svenska. Aside from speaking Swedish really well and being very friendly and sweet she has a secret super talent….she is a superb hairdresser. I asked her during our Swedish class Fika who cut her hair, an edgy layered very stylish cute hair cut that I loved…SHE DID IT HERSELF!! So we exchanged numbers and Saturday night Joy gave me a makeover. Trust me the sound of my hair hitting the floor hard with a splat made me a liTTle nervous halfway through the cut but it all worked out 🙂 Too late to question anything and I am so pleased with how it turned out.
Goodbye long hair.
You were good to me but its on to the next…
My new hair was accompanied with a bit of shopping on Sunday with Margie and Jo in Orebro for some work shoes that look nice, are warm as well as comfy and I found em 🙂 So it was a weekend of fun new things and friends!
Thank you so so so much Joy! My hair looks amazing and I love it! You are gifted and when you open your own salon in Lindesber *The Joy of Hair* I will definitely be a customer!!